Access Westlaw and Lexis Offsite
Both Westlaw and Lexis recognize the unique value that patron access at public law libraries offers to attorneys and other patrons. This week they have both unveiled offsite access to their products.
Please read the attached details and contact the Hennepin County Law Library for help accessing these services. Currently, the best way to reach us is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call us at 612-348-2903 and leave a message -- we will call you back.
Here’s how to get started:
- Access the Westlaw Edge trial page and enter your email address: https://legal.thomsonreuters.com/en/forms/try-westlaw
- Enter your contact information. In the Organization Type field, please select Government – State or Local.
- Skip the “Add Colleagues” page
- Click “I agree to Terms & Conditions and click Create Profile
- Create OnePass Profile and Security fields
- Confirm your OnePass profile and click Get Started to begin searching.
(For more detailed instructions, see this PDF)
- Platform has some of the Westlaw Edge capabilities
- Limits – 45 days or 20 hours (whichever comes first); ignore the “7-day” reference
- Last day to register for the promotion is June 30th
- Patrons must select “Government” (anything else WILL NOT WORK)
- Patrons cannot use an email that has already been registered with the OnePass system
Here's how to get started:
Please note: IDs created using this link will have access to Lexis Advance for 30 days or until May 31st (whichever is shorter). After May 31st this link will no longer function.
The Law Library can help you use these services, and can also assist you with other legal research questions you may have. We trust you are all staying well and look forward seeing you back in the law library in the future.
Karen Westwood, Law Library Director